Sunday, June 8, 2008

A smelly green experience..

Dave got the plates out for dinner tonight, and immediately screwed his nose up.. whoof he said.. what is that smell ? Fortunately for me, I have a cold and can't smell a thing ! But he tried to describe a pungent earth wormy type of smell.. at first we thought something may have died in one of our kitchen cabinets.. but on further 'smelling' Dave narrowed the culprits down to the plates, mugs and glasses that we use everyday and wash regularly in the dishwasher.. hmmm.. with our new green dishwashing powder ! Could it be ?.. surely not..
My green self didn't want to jump to conclusions - afterall it could just be the dishwasher - so I bought a different eco-friendly dishwasher liquid - rewashed all the smelly dishes in the dishwasher.. and all came out as good as new... smell gone. Hmmm.. I guess just as in everything else, there are products that agree with you and others that don't.. we love the rest of the Seventh Generation products we use.. but our dishwasher powder, has now been replaced with Palmolive eco+ gel.
Tonight was the only time this weekend I was thankful to have a cold !

No comments: